NOV UV Shield EX SPF50+ PA++++

As someone with sensitive skin and is really picky about sunscreen, Nov is one of the few brands that I really like. Their UV milk feels great on the skin and offerd reasonable protection. However, SPF32 just feels too low that I only used it for winter. While browsing in a random store in Japan (late 2019), I saw that there is also an UV Shield EX that offers SPF50+ and PA++++. With such high rating from a trusted brand, I wonder why there wasn't any hype surrounding it.
NOV UV Shield EX comes in a small mint green tube that's easy to squeeze, there isn't much, just 30ml for 2500 yens (Anessa mild milk is 2600 yen for 60ml) so it's somewhat pricey per ml. The cap on the UV Shield EX is bigger, to diffrenciate from the other variety.
Liking the simple minty packaging.
Zinc Oxide and Titianium Dioxide are the two filters used, the percentage isn't disclosed but they are high on the list. I also spot tocopherol, hyaluronic acid, cross polymer etc...Bunch of basic "sciencey" name without useless essence that hog the place.
My first impression of NOV UV Shield was that it has a much thicker texture and a very white (almost blueish) base. I started using it early summer and it was simply too thick and tacky for the humid summer. (On the bright side it does blend very well and doesn't leave too dramatic of a demarcation line).
I quickly shelved it away to take it out during the coldest months...Even when I am at my palest, the white cast was too much to handle (and adding powder on top will make my face look like a powdered mochi).  And since the formula stays put, the white cast just stays with me for the whole day, until I have to remove it with oil cleanser (it doesn't come off otherwise).
A few days ago, I finally squeezed out the last drop (now back to UV milk) and Iwasso relieved. Now Ijust need to find something that I can use this summer... 

Comments

  1. LOL at the last pic xD You've been wearing sunscreen under masks all this time? RESPECT. I've stopped wearing sunscreen cold turkey. Then again, I've left the house less than half a dozen times over the past year =.=" Aye...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah....I slacked off during summer(because I wore mask duh) and fall but when it got cold I had no problem wearing sunscreen and mask (plus highlighter or blush lol) together...

      This one legit made me feel like the Zuck every time I wore it.

      Delete
  2. Hahahahah I usually end up using this type of sunscreen for my neck since my face is paler

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.