ETVOS Mineral Eye Balm in Aqua Citrus

In the last few years, I noticed that Indie beauty brands are becoming increasingly mainstream and among those, there is a boom for naturally derived ingredients, chic colors that also care for the skin. In the department stores, Three and Celvoke are the hot cakes. While in specialty beauty stores, there are Etvos, to/one, Natura Glace, Only Mineral, Osaji...Just to name a few. 

My first knowledge of Etvos was when it paid tribute/knocked off Suqqu's Summer 2018 Collection with their own yellow and coral palettes (Later on they came up with their own version of Toukiyou for spring 2020). I didn't know what to expect from the brand but I guess since I am a big fan of anything green, I decided to try their Mineral Eye balm from spring 2021 Collection.

First impression of the Etvos Mineral Eye Balm is that it came with a somewhat hefty clear compact with its own anti scratch film. Priced at 2500yen plus tax, it's a little pricey consider that's almost the same price as "Luxury" brand Decorte. 
Aqua Citrus is a gorgeous teal/green duochrome suspended in a clear white balmy base. The texture is like an oily or siluconey highlighter, melting with slightest body heat and very easy to spread across the eye lid. 
As an eyeshadow by itself, the overall effect is actually quite subtle (even when I smear it allover my lids) that it looks like a brightener with a very light aqua sheen.

What I really like about it is that as an eye cream, it moisturizes the lids, giving a very comfortable texture without a wet finish. Since I got it during the death of winter, it's also the perfect base for other eyeshadow, giving it a smooth, clear and melt-in kind of auto gradation.
A big pan a month later. I suppose I really like it? 2500 is still a bit of a rip off (I use a lot each time though) but since I am getting a makeup and skincare item that I reach for everyday, it's actually really worth it.
Aqua Citrus as a base for Nars Zambezi - Perfect pairing I might add. I think I need to try it with Lunasol white gradation if I can dig it out. I also want to point out that if you use it with thinner, dryer formula or cream shadow...it sort of creases right away.
Aqua Citrus by itself - my skin is very taunt and dry during winter but the eye balm makes it look like I am living in Houston! I don't miss the humidity but gotta say it was good for my skin!
This is what I do on lazy days - use it as a brightener and eye cream. I love it and now I wonder if I should hoard a backup (It's on Japanese Amazon and it ships to US), since it's a limited edition shade. 
One more close up of arm swatch 

Comments

  1. That's a great idea, using moisturizing cream eye colors like an eye cream. I'd totally do that, only I also apply eye cream to my under eye area. My skin is just so dry all over! So that wouldn't work, because then I'd have smeared eye color in a circle around my eyes LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is designed as a skincare/makeup in one! That's why it's a bit pricey...I kind of what the shade in pale lilac and it has been sitting in the cart...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.