Stila Lip Glaze in Black Cherry

Should I still call it nostalgia when it's something I didn't have? While searching for Stila lip glaze, I stumbled upon Black Cherry, a shade of lip glaze that I never had.  Being a big fan of the formula and clicky packaging, I thought why not?
This brown paper packaging means that it's probably more than five years old (they switch to gold later).
Black Cherry is a darkened cherry plum with no visible shimmer. 
Stila Black Cherry, Lipstick Queen Sigh and Clarins Black Berry. As you can see, the color leans a little more reddish mauve on the skin. 
Why the formula is lovely ( the shimmer less formula has more of a gel texture) and it's smoother to the touch. I am not too crazy about the shade (which is closer to a mauve than the blackened Cherry red that I prefer). Anyway, I wear glosses a lot so. I will make sure to finish this before it goes bad. 

Comments

  1. When it comes to darker shades I definitely lean closer to the Clarins version. Still, the mauve is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clarins actually looks a bit morbid emo chic (since it's actually blackened and purple)...Stila is more auntie but formula is more lip friendly...

      Delete
  2. Have you tried Clinique's Black Honey? This color kind of reminds me of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I tried the gloss and lipstick, frankly Clinique is a better formulated shade (more blackened and less mauve red).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.