BCL Curvy Lip Silicone Gloss

I am always a few years behind on my reviews but this time, I am so late this actually turned into a nostalgia post (as it was already discontinued for a While when I bought it). In Chinese this is called 过气网红 (net idol of yesteryear). Like when people say "I liked watching Kevjumba's old clips or Zoella's vlog" and kids go "Zoella who?".

 These heavy lip silicone glosses by Makemania used to be everywhere on Asian people's blogs and I loved the looks (I liked the shimmer free pink and clear one the best), just thought there was no need (back then japanese yen were strong, so was american drugstore makeup/my couponing skill). Few years later when these went on clearance on Adambeauty for like 3 bucks. I bought two to see what I missed out. The answer is not a lot, but the nostalgia alone is worth it.
Anyway, I got two shades 506 and 507 one is a pink beige another is a neutral beige. I don't remember which is which because they look the sane on my mouth anyway. 
Since I got this 3-4 years ago (which mean the glosses are probably 4-5 years old when I received them) the flabby silicone was already experiencing fatigue (aging) and it looked yellow and broke off when I was spreading the gloss around.
Anyway, the Curvy Lip Silicone gloss is typical late 00s, thick/sticky and settle into a mirror shine. The gloss is good at smoothing the lip line and soaking off dead skin cells. I would probably enjoy it a lot more if I have gotten the pink or clear one, but those were popular enough that they never end up in clearance.
506 on the lips (or it could be 507). I wouldn't say this is a ground breaking formula of that era (it was a bestseller in Japan but around that time, there were several spectacular glosses in American drugstores already). But I might enjoy it if they bring back something similar (in pink, red or reddish coral, please!)

Comments

  1. Orchard packaging is offering the high standard quality of Custom Lipstick Boxes . We incorporate good quality packaging of the products to make them look stylish in the market world. We have a team of experts to provide their expertise. Besides, we have up-to-date technology for good finishing details. Thus, to get the high-quality custom printing of the product, contact us. We ensure custom printing at very affordable rates. Hence, to distinguish your product in the market world we are available. We ensure ideal features of Lip Balm Packaging such as trendy prints. Besides, we provide these quality services at very reasonable rates. We have various special offers and discount deals for the customers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.