Tatcha the Silk Canvas Primer

Two years ago, Sephora was running a gift with purchase on Tatcha, I would get a mini primer (and some other crap I didn't need) with $35 purchase. I got suckered in because that little tub looked dainty and adorable (the regular/palm sized one just looks too big). Since then, the Silk Canvas primer became pretty popular that the mini version is available for purchase at $22 a piece.
I don't wear primer on face (that's just too much layer) so I reserved this Silk Canvas for my eye area. When I first tried it, I actually saw what the whole hype is about. The texture is a semi matte cream that smoothes and even out the texture on the eyes. 

The consistency is silky and refined that I can wear it by itself, as it gently brightens the area without looking unnatural. Silk Canvas works great on its own and I can use it as eyeshadow primer. 

Overall it's a lovely item that I wouldn't purchase, there are too many great primers from Canmake ($5) to midrange drugstores ($15) that might not feel as luxurious but work just as nicely...Not to mention the other drugstore brands have way cuter and more convenient packaging.

Comments

  1. Have you tried Missha Time Revolution Essence before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did! It actually didn't do much except for thinning out my skin a little bit. I don't fault it though since the SKII Essence (where missha is duping from) is best for oily skin, it might not be the thing for my dry to normal skin.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.