Glossier Generation G in Zip

The review everyone is waiting for (OK it's just Dalenna). Another Generation G from Glossier.  This one will be somewhat succinct because the texture is more or less the same. 
Sleek white tube
The second shade I got (from my first order) is Zip - A bright reddish orange coral. 
Being a bold color, zip gives much more impact per swipe (so none of that mlbb-ness) - I have tried many bright Orange coral from western brand, and shade like this can get really tricky (many coral red have a pinkish tone that becomes a weird shade of warm leaning hot pink). Luckily, I find Zip face brightening and flattering. 
Glossier Zip, Strawberry Suede and Coffret D'Or RD214 (The two are really well mixed coral red with pretty darn good formula). 
Unlike Cake (which has some opacity to it), Zip is clearer and brighter the pigment and neon bit sink into lip line. If you have hyperpigmentation around your lips, those might peak through (or even get enhanced by the color). I think the non-highend formula is more pronounced with this shade (it doesn't look cheap though) but I still like it. 

The wear time of Zip is good, it feels comfortable and the color is really sorbet like (I don't need to wear concealer or foundation for this). I enjoy wearing it but there is a similarly priced (Japanese) drugstore lipstick that performs much better (Whomee Igari -Seek)...

Comments

  1. Awww... thanks for posting this for me! Hmm... perhaps I should focus on Lunasol Seamless Mattes instead. From the swatches I've seen, they're soft mattes with no white base with an almost balmy finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked up swatches for them, the way Glossier is unique that the formula is dry, long wearing (but not drying). I don't mind the clear balmy ones from Lunasol but to be honest they look more like the standard soft cream finish (but with "matte" in the same)....

      Delete
  2. Love your glamour shots! And, this color is very pretty on you. I was giggling where you mentioned how Western brands' coral red can be tricky having pink/neon undertones, because those are pretty much only coral reds that I can pull off. I find Revlon's Fire & Ice weirdly wearable in that sense. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year I got one lipstick by Laura Mercier (I would imagine l'Orange to be pretty warm coral if not straight up orange...but guess what, it was a hot pink kind of coral)...I knew it will look weird the same way Shiseido one did...Eeeek

      Delete
  3. So pretty! N strawberry suede *swoon* such an oldie but goodie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revlon had so many classics! I wish I have gotten multiple back up for wild watermelon, sorbet and papaya....

      Delete
  4. I am in a shopping mood and very tempted to get this along with the Balm dot com and their hand cream in a bundle o_O

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.