Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Ripe Raspberry

Pixi Shea Butter has been around for at least six years and I remember it was popular among bloggers (back then the blogging world wasn't full of PR products and "I got it for free but my opinion are my own and totally unbiased"/aka ads). I ever got around to try one as I didn't live close to a Target and it seemed a bit pricey for drugstore brand. Anyway, I finally got one from their site while buying some cleansing balm (aka a pot of wax that never emulsifies) and I see why it was so popular. 
The balm goes on much thinner than Fresh Tinted lip Treatment but feels moderately nourishing and calming. It's perfectly suitable for spring and summer but it's not nourishing enough for wintry days. 
As a lip color, I enjoy how they come up with each shade (I think many shades were discontinued but in my memory), most were well balanced, the bolder shades were brightening while the neutral don't wash people out. 
Ripe Raspberry is a berry pink with a bit of warm lean (like Mexican rose kind of shade) and there is a bit of clarity that's very easy to wear. It's a little bright but I like it for spring and summer. 
The formula isn't thin or waxy and the thin texture looks rather tasteful. I do like this shade but since there are so many pretty bright lipsticks in the market, I am not in a hurry for a second tube.

Comments