Shiseido D Program Allerbarrier UV Essence

In the last two to three year, Shiseido's color makeup have been inactive for quite a bit (but I will always love Majolica Majorca) and several of their skincare-makeup focused brands like Decila and Benifique have seemly kicked the bucket. Flopped and all, you gotta admit that they are one of the best when it comes to skincare formulations. Don't forget it's the big daddy of sunscreen!
d - Program is one of the many skincare lines of Shiseido, targeting ultra sensitive skin. The brand is available at many (but not all) drugstores and has expanded outside Japan (mainly within Asia). Being sensitive to most chemical filters, I can always use another physical sunscreen so I ordered it sometime this summer. If I am not mistaken, it's slightly cheaper on Hong Kong based site (by a dollar) than in Japan.
On the box, it mentions its selection of ingredients for delicate skin - free of paraben, alcohol, mineral oil, coloring or fragrance and "Clean" manufacturing process. Aside for having non-irritating ingredients, the brand also boasts its ability to protect against particulate matter (in air pollution). Maybe I will bring it with me if I ever visit Beijing. 
Ingredient list is pretty short (and I can only understand a few words here and there) - The formula is silicone based with Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide with some random leaf extract in the middle.
The bottle is a a regular dropper and the texture is pretty generic white out formula - In fact, it feels like a formula back in 2000s. The sunscreen liquid is fluid, non greasy with a slight white cast. Since the formula is finely mixed (no grainy powdery bit), it blends seamlessly and only evens out and brightens the skin by a notch. On good skin days, it functions as a tinted moisturizer. 
I only started using it after summer (during which I was slacking off from sun protection) so I can't tell how much it protects against sebum and heat. However, the formula is slightly mattifying without being drying. I could use it by itself or on top of dewy moisturizer and it stays smooth and dry touch for a whole day. Removal was easy with just a foaming or cream wash, as it's not particularly clingy.

While it might not look revolutionary (after all I just need something gentle that works), it's pleasant to use, natural looking and effective. It's a viable option for people with sensitive skin. 

Comments

  1. Whoa the packaging is interesting. Shiseido has so many lines!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's kind of like glossier skin tint (and fab something has Tinted moisturizer in this kind of bottle). I think Shiseido simply has too many lines(and the whole taking over market didn't really work as they are all flopping one way or another), it needs to steamline...But I do love having so many options on sunscreen.

      Delete
  2. Have you tried Paula Choice 10% Nianicimide Booster before? I'm thinking about getting it because my Olay serums just aren't doing anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not yet. I already have Holysnails and Stratia that I need to finish (I reach for vitamin c more often). I heard good thing about paulas choice though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.