Fasio Lip Essence in Clear Pink

Being in a state where winter lasts for half a year, lip balm and essence became a daily necessity like toothpaste and face wash. From my person experience, a liquid essence works better for me than stick balm (many eventually dry into a thin layer of wax), as it provides a physical layer of wetness in addition to a moisture seal. Almost every Japanese brand has its own lip care essence and it's fun to play with each of them. 

Fasio (a budget drugstore line of Kose that's a wee cheaper than Visee) Lip Essence CC is a light jelly gloss with pale pigmentation and a watery glossy formula. My tube was (ancient, maybe from 3-4 years ago) a limited edition packaging featuring NYC based illustrator Jeffery Fulvimari. 

The formula has a medicinal scent and provides some cooling sensation (much weaker and non numbing, unlike Carmex). 
On the lips, it soaks up dry skin and quenches the lips (although it doesn't feel as penetrating as more expensive ones), providing an effect that lasts for 2 hours/before I need to drink some water or tea.  Another aspect I like about colored lip essence by Japanese brand is that, the color is very pale yet just enough to brighten up the face. (Most western and Korean Tinted lip balm go Pennywise on me within five minutes). 

Overall, the Fasio lip essence works as well as other drugstore lip care at its 700-900 yen price range (Like Integrate and DHC), I am almost finished with my tube (it started to smell funny when it's almost done, expected for products making constant contact with saliva). The gloss is effective and handy, perfect to toss into bag, pocket and Christmas stocking. 

Actually I prefer to categorize it as a (non sticky but slightly thick gel) lip gloss because there are more targeted lip treatments out there, for a few bucks more.
Here is how the standard packaging looks like (look the swatch image shown is exactly how the color turns out on me) - I didn't buy the red one since I had gotten squeeze tubes from Ettusais and Country and Stream. Now I am having a case of reverse buyer regret (more like didn't buy it regret).

 It's funny how when you buy some useless crap you only reach for it once or twice (if at all) but when you missed something, it ended up haunting you forever.

Comments

  1. LMBO I did buy a Lancome lipstick today facepalm...it was the new Lancome Ruby Cream lipsticks that are meant to be ultra pigmented, long wear, one swipe application. I got shade 306 Vintage Ruby which is the lightest nude shade with pink/red base. It's quite nice actually not really white based at all. The reason why I bought it was because I still have a stockpile of Revlon Bellini lipgloss facepalm, and I wanted to still use it. But it's too light n milky for me now so I have to pair it up with a lipstick. I did buy a couple of Lipstick Queen shades but still same problem too white based despite her pretty shades. My other lipsticks in my graveyard also don't work too with Revlon Bellini. I just finished my boxing day shift and needed some more retail therapy and decided to go lipstick shopping again facepalm. Estee Lauder also has new line of lippies that are meant to be ultra pigmented one swipe but those suckers cost $60aud. The Lancome Ruby Cream lipsticks are only 3g $54aud but I justify it because I'm going to use it until it's bone dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO shame about that! I just finished my shift today and am thinking about getting a lipstick from Three. I got myself some fabrics yesterday and bunch of snacks (some from family but I hoarded more afterward haha).

      I think I will let go of my Rouge status (I don't think spending 1000 is bad but Idon't like the fact that I don't enjoy using the stuff) after this year because I just don't enjoy the offering from Sephora. I shall save it on vacations and highend Japanese brands instead.

      Delete
  2. Maybelline has repackaged their Color Sensational lipsticks again and added new shades. Still same square tube but it's more transparent and the silver base is larger so you can pull it out more easily. Looks like Rimmel lipsticks in the purple tube. I'm using a thin layer of Maybelline Muave With Me 373 from their Made For Me line as a base coat, then adding Lipstick Queen's Naked Truth on top to make it less white based. It works well I even bought another one to put in my handbag lolz. I'm still loving Lancome Ruby Cream in 306, I think my lipstick routine is sorted out no need to buy more new shades, I know what to get now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to buy back up for my lip products (drugstore brand only haha) too, nowadays I only wear sheer red so I try to just stick with it.

      Delete
  3. I actually bought another lip product- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lip Repair Potion- I saw a blogger who raved about it lolz so I was curious. It is indeed really moisturizing and repairing. It also comes in a lip balm stick version and a plumping version too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda regret buying it lolz. It was $48aud, I could of bought another Lipstick Queen Naked Truth or Lancome Ruby Cream 306.

      Delete
  4. Lancome have raised their prices again what a f*cking joke. They raise the price every 1-2 years. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear foundation is now $64aud from $60, my HG mascara Lancome Doll Eyes Waterproof mascara is now $56 from $55, lipsticks are now like $55, everything gone up. Seriously this year I'm only going to buy my HG items. If they keep doing this I have to reconsider how much I spend lolz. Soon in a couple of years time the foundation gonna cost $70.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how inflation is working real time. I noticed beside single items going up. Back in 2016 I could get decent clothes in stores for 30 bucks, now American brands charge 50 for items that don't look like crap... In the bright side japanese brands items haven't changed much.

      Delete
  5. Honestly after the price rise I'm not going to buy any more new foundation lolz. Lancome is going to be as good as it gets. I haven't tried many foundations from Sephora- like Fenty, Huda, Beauty Blender, MUFE, Pat Mcgrath etc. Got a few samples here and there but nothing blew my boots off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.