Benefit Dandelion Dew and Shy Beam

Benefit Dandelion is one of those old classics that has been around since forever, and I can see why: The color is wearable, flattering and impossible to overdo since it just adds a little bit of color (unless your base is too damp). A few years ago when sephora was running a promotion, I got lured in and spent $35 just to get this little set of mini highlighter and blush.
I have reviewed benefit Dandelion many years ago so I will just quickly go over it. Dandelion is a very soft warm pink with powdery scent and shimmer. It shows up very well on my skin (average to slightly pale for East Asian) and I like to use it to set my sunscreen and concealer. while it might appear a little chalky in the pan, it's doesn't chalk or cake up on my face. The color just seem so harmless and universal.  I like it and it's usually my default blush when I want some pink on my cheek but don't want to think about what color to coordinate.
my own travel size and the flat one that came with the set. Shy beam is a slightly pink liquid highlighter with more or less of a matte finish. It brightens up and fill the area that's more sulken (under eyes or maybe grow bones) but since I usually have sticky physical sunscreen , I don't use extra liquid product to brighten. 

Dandelion Dew is a very pigmented powdery pink without visible shimmer. When I first used it, it instantly reminds me of Glossier Cloud Paint, except it's thicker, denser and much easier to control (cloud paint diffuses into two large pool on my face while Dandelion Dew more or less stay where it's applied ). The mini is also a perfect size since I only need a tiny bit for each cheek. I really enjoy playing with the set, but also realized how much money I have wasted just to get these gift with purchase. Hey as least I unsubscribe d and de -rouged myself last year!
Dandelion powder blush, Shy Beam and Dandelion Dew 

Comments

  1. I have Dandelion when it was 50% off at Sephora/Ulta. It's kind of cute and subtle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.