Jill Stuart Strawberry Whipped Rouge in 04 Chocolate Berry

 Jill Stuart has been on steroid the last three to four years, pumping out at least three mini collections each season. For Valentine 2019, there is a mini collection of four liquid lip colors. During one of my "just browsing" sessions, I decided to get one of these as thought the rose gold detail is very girly without being too much (their US site offers promotion all the time).
The Strawberry Rouge is a creamy lip color with a light, whipped cream (but doesn't smear) texture and with no discernible shimmer. 
And look at the watercolor on their box! Things like this and beautiful (and solid) packaging are what makes highend worth it. After promotion it's not that much more than Flowfushi or Excel anyway.
Wand is still the flab, not fancy but gets the job done. The cream is whipped like fluffy yogurt and feels quite moisturizing. The box says it contains strawberry juice, cacao butter, honey and squalane. 
Shiseido Perfect Rouge in Blush RD742, Jill Stuart Chocolate Berry and Marc Jacob Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Shiseido Blush is a pretty Nude that's got a bit of auntie vibe (but I adore the formula and can wear it sheer), Jill Stuart is just a tiny bit peachy lean compared to Shiseido, making it a flattering milktea rose. Marc Jacob is full on Grandma mauve on me (texture is great though).
Jill Stuart Strawberry Whipped Rouge 04. It looks a little milky here because my lips were really flustered on hot days but trust me it's offers a creamy opacity, coverage but no tacky white base. It's one of those my lips but warmer and rosier shades I can wear without any base makeup.

After trying many Jill Stuart lip glosses (all meh) and lipsticks (why all the white base?), this is the first one that really impressed me, I loved this whipped rouge so much that I ended up going back for two more. 

PSA (not affiliated)- Jill Stuart's American Site is running a 20% off sale til Friday! 

Comments

  1. Get this I bought 2 jars of Clarins face cream, the Multi Active day cream and the night cream. I've been on a Clarins kick lately (not anymore after this) and wanted to try it out because these are their best selling creams. Omg it's terrible never again. So I told you how I use MAC Studio Moisture Cream & MAC Comfort Creams along with Drunk Elephant La la Retro cream. I was thinking about maybe finding something a little cheaper than DE to replace it. The cream at first feels very nice and soothing just like MAC and DE. But omg as the day goes on my face felt so tight n dry like it was on fire. I looked at the ingredients and gasp horror they use really tiny amounts of shity plant extracts and fragrance. They then had phenoxyethanol really high up on the list which is so irritating and they also used lactic acid and glycolic acid at the end. Why they used lactic and glycolic acid in their creams I have no idea. Now I'm stuck with these creams so now I'm just going to mix it in with my other creams. My face is so dry that's why I've been on a Clarins binge. The double serum is nice, and their Ever Matte Powder is good that's the only nice thing I'll say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I may have overreacted, the creams aren't that bad, they do the job but I was just expecting the sun, the moon, the stars lolz. Their Hydra Essential lip balm in the blue tube is good though, actually hydrates your lips but doesn't contain SPF though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Clarins lip products, their sheer lipstick is really pretty and feels so moisturizing! I want to try their face oil once I finish with my current stock.

      Delete
  3. Update I don't really like the Clarins Double Serum. It's kinda sticky n tacky although it does absorb and dry down after a couple of minutes. It doesn't work well under makeup. 1 pump isn't enough and if I use 2 pumps I'll use it up in no time. It's more of a nighttime serum for me. As for hydrating, didn't do much my face still dry as. I'll rather buy Lancome Advanced Genifique instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try hadalabo alpha if you want basic hydration. I personally think that unless you are going for tretinoin, retinol or proprietary active ingredient formula. Those supposedly sciencey complex (especialy when they are low in concentration) won't make that big of a difference...Instead of spending near $100 on topical cream, I would rather save up for laser Treatment(for spots) or thermage (for sagging).

      Delete
  4. Jill Stuart's packaging is sooo cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! and surprisingly good quality despite looking a bit cheap. I have tom ford lipstick that chipped in a year but 3-year-old Jill Stuart with intact coating!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.