Burts Bees Lip Shimmer in Cherry

 It has been years since I last purchased Burt's Bees although it was my favorite many years ago. A few weeks ago, while I was at CVS, I needed some cash back (ATM machines in the city are ripoff). Usually I get KBeauty toys or canned tuna, I didn't feel like carrying a big item with me or getting another lip tint...I picked up Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer. 

I remember seeing this range back in 2005 (I bought a pink champagne that was frosty but I enjoyed using it) and after all these years, the price is still around 5 dollars (I paid three after using a coupon). 
The shade Cherry is a sheer brownish orange red with shimmer and a slight gloss. The lip balm is fairly moisturizing and calming. I like the minty sensation that's soothing but not irritating. Only downside is the stick doesn't retract if I twist out too much.
This particular shade, far from "cherry"  but is quite nice. 
I guess it's hard to tell how moisturizing it truly is in the middle for summer, but for 3 bucks, this lip color is quite nifty. 
Even though this is full of mica shimmer, the base is oily and deep enough that you don't see any frost. I like it the consistent quality but don't think it's that special (I have a lot of lippies after all).  

BTW, after being pleasantly surprised by this lip shimmer. I decided to repurchase another one of my Burt's Bees favorites, the Pomegranate lip balm. Sadly, they changed the formula for the worse: While I can still smell the old formula, the new version is thinner, waxier and has much less of the calming oily finish. Now it became an ordinary waxy chapstick with a barely visible red tint and some fruity smell. 

Instead of watering down and cheaping out on the ingredients (Burt's Bees did the same to their lemon butter cuticle balm and I never wanted to use it again), my current self prefer paying more for their tried and true formula. 

Comments