Shibuya Drugstore Sneaky Pics - Cosmetic Press, Excel, Canmake, Kanebo and More

Even though the majority of drugstores in Tokyo carries more or less the same thing (for example every single one has Maquillage, Majolica, Anessa, Esprique, Sofina, Canmake etc. all the standard brands from conglomerates like Shiseido, Kose and Kanebo). When it comes to smaller and more niche brands, you are more likely to find them at busier part of the city  like Shinjuku and Shibuya, where there are multiple drugstores (sometime the same chain) in one block.  

The stock between each stores differs a little. If you can't find a certain lip balm in one Matsumoto Kiyoshi, it might just be at the same chain 15 yards away. Today, it's mostly about those stores (There are too many of them I lost track of names).
Japanese version of Rogaine with minoxidil. 
New (or limited) loose powder, concealer and highlighter from Excel.
Canmake marshmallow face powder and new higher cream
Kpop Addicts rejoice! There is a collection for (seemly produced just to promote) Black Pink. It's Vinyl Makeup Black or Pink sets by the Cosmetic Press, a limited run collection by Shiseido. The Popup lines targets fickle minded teenagers and the Blackpink one is their third run. I am guessing, you must be a real fan to pay 40 bucks for four gimmicky products, bundled all together.
The black set
Pink Set - Both sets has a eyeshadow glitter gel, hair and body oil, lip gloss and highlighter stick. I actually kind of like that gold eye gel, but there is no way I am getting the set just for the one item I want. You can get a highend eyeshadow duo or lipstick at that price.
The two makeup pouches. This might be the most we-are-not-even-trying collection from Shiseido I have ever seen. 
Here is a collection that they actually put some earnest effort (but I guess it wasn't super popular since it was released back in September). 
You know what's really popular, the bottom two shadow from Majolica BR583 Teddy and BE384 Cork, they were sold out from every single drugstore I visited (and I stopped by a lot, if I am by myself I pretty much went in everyone that's on my way). The two on the top can be found on Adambeauty for $5.5 bucks a piece.
Special sets from Kanebo, Milano collection powder and Tessyu Collection face and lip brush combo for 5500yen (I passed since I got too many brushes already but I was tempted for a few seconds). 
Chifure is a brand that I see on Instagram and weibo all the time but not much from English sources, the whole line has very simplistic packaging and price point lower than Canmake. A small eyeshadow palette is 400yens and lipstick refill (usable by itself but you can get a pretty case for 400 yen) 
I almost got the lipstick case (but couldn't find a lipstick I like) but had to remind myself again that I cannot buy "All Teh Crap"
Leftover picture from Don Quijote of Asakusa. Kate Dark Rose Shadow (I stopped by another one near Shinjuku but decided to turn back by the door...I couldn't handle the noice or crowed) 
Integrate Gracy cream foundation - Something that's raved on weibo being cheap but feels and  wears like a super highend one "贵妇粉霜". I didn't get it because I already have two tubs of Kanebo media ones (that also feels way better than the highend ones from Sephora). Maybe next time. 
One thing I will always miss about Donki, the freshly baked Sweet potatoes. 

Comments