Come Window-Shopping with Me - Muji of Shibuya

The post you have all (okay, one of you) been waiting for, more sneaky shop pictures!
 
Even though I didn't have a plan before flying to Tokyo (It was more like "I never been there, I should" sort of trip), Muji was a must-go because I wanted to see what I am missing out.

 On the third day of my trip, I ended up there as I was desperate for a backpack. My travelling gear was a mess: A camera bag (that I shouldn't have brought), a small shoulder bag then multiple plastics for little things I get and to throw garbage (trash bins are hard to come by). My travel buddy told me I missed out the biggest flagship store as it was just closed for relocation...

I was like welp this one 4-story one is big enough already. 
The clothes aren't super exciting because most styles I like are in New York stores already (and during sale the prices are reasonable) but they have some cute belts and more colorful socks. 
So many snacks (beside sweets there are packets for cooking). 
More candies
Cookies and (I think) pasta
Tea and healthy drinks of the sort
The skincare range is pretty big. Actually the New York stores just got a bunch this fall (according to store associate it takes a long time for them to go through FDA) so we are only missing the blue bottle range, which I assume to be for oily skin/hot climate. 
The makeup is affordable (just a tad more expensive than canmake still below 1000 yen for most items) and they all swatch really well. Since I visited the store on Nov 30th, many items were to be discontinued the next day.
Base makeup and powder. I didn't get to swatch as I was supposed to 1. Find a backpack and/or luggage 2. meet up with friend in 30 minutes.
Makeup sponges and puff. The square ones are perfect for powder foundation.
The old refillable compacts with mirror. On the left are nail care items.
The sheets are much more affordable than in US (I only buy during 50% off anyway).
On the bottom floor there are some studio collection that I didn't see in US (yet). The shoes are cute and quite expensive. 
These bags are Iro Iro no Fuku from Idee Pool collection, products makes from scrap by designers. 

The green tote has my name written all over it... like literally, because it's created by Minagawa Akira, who works for the brand mina perhonen (=_=)
So instead of getting a backpack, I went with a tote. If I have cash to burn I wouldn't mind having the Royal blue as well.
Another tote with graffiti (this one is a little expensive around 3500 yen)
Linen dresses, comfy but I don't spend three digits on single item of clothes. These are 15000yens if I remember correctly.
Of course I didn't just stop by one Muji (I think I visited four different branches). While at Asakusa and Shimo-Kitazawa, I saw the pristine testers of the new makeup range. 
Base makeup and lip treatment. Blushes weren't out yet.
Lip crayons and glosses
 
New eyeshadow quad and duo, which seems clearer (less pigmented) with beautiful glossy texture like Lunasol
The new compact is either the large/huge with mirror or clear acrylic one on upper left.
That matcha swirly cake was delicious(and this branch at Shimo Kitazawa has pretty deep green towel).
The same kettle in US costs almost 100 dollars. The wooden chopsticks are also much cheaper in Japan.
Tea selection is good too (but whatever I got wasn't amazing, you can get better tea at Marshalls and TJmaxx).
Honey Yuzu tea sucks (It was more of a sweetener without any yuzu fragrance).  That's all for today...Until next time. (Who knew it takes this long just to crop and resize all the pictures?)

Comments

  1. Ooohh the eye shadow duos look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow orange and greem khaki (this one reminds me of a Lunasol split pan duo) are really nice. The plummy one swatched a little dull and sheer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.