Thanksgiving Photo Dump and Collective Spycam

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all. Hope you are having a great time with loved ones. Since I had to work Friday and the weekend, I wrapped up the celebration early. I got a ton of pictures that are all too shitty for Instagram. Here we are again, another issue of photo dump!
We got our first snowstorm last week and it's supposed to be the coldest Thanksgiving day in a century. Thanks to the temperature, midtown seems a bit less crowded (then again I don't usually come to the city for holiday).
This is 30 seconds before the ballon went face down. We were just having light snacks before hitting Chinatown in flushing.
The main attraction of the day is the flushing Chinatown (which felt like the other end of the world/ being in China with mostly Mandarin-speaking people and those mall stores). I wish I could visit more often but it's a long train ride that I can't stay long if I want to catch the train back. 
Kababs place in the New World Mall (appetizer for two). Actually I could have eaten all myself. 
The pickled long bean with ground meat actually tastes like homemade food and it's very appetizing (下饭 as the Chinese calls it). The friend insisted ordering two dishes and split but...I can easily stuff those myself. 
Inside the mall there is a gem store with pretty good stock and reasonable pricing (Some jade there are processed B+C jade so buyers beware) their freshwater pearl studs are really cute. I wanted to go around the supermarket J Mart but it was too darn cold...Wandering around the large supermarket in China had always been my big pasttime (Walmart, Target and Costco doesn't feel the same).  
Since it gets dark pretty early, we dropped by a bakery before hopping on the train. Price are comparable to Manhattan Chinatown and it's fairly good (consider I ate them cold the next day for lunch) ...Not amazing enough for the round trip LIRR train ticket though.
(Having 10 minutes left) I decided to stop by Nature Republic. Another quasi natural brand like Innisfree and Skinfood. I know I bitched about the KBeauty products I have tried a lot..But I can't stop looking at them. 
There is a silvery pewter glitter eyeliner that I really love. It makes a Beautiful under  liner but I thought the 12-buck price was a little high (they feel like five bucks though) so I didn't impulse buy.
The eyeshadow single were all pretty good but then again not must have, when I already have some singles from Innisfree (that I got last year), Etude House and Aritaum. Even if you don't have access to swatch other Korean brands. There are always colourpop pressed shadow.
Makeup tools
Lipsticks and tint. Even though they look good, the overall color themes are way too similar to Innisfree (and other korean makeup lines).
Back to train station - By the time we got back to the city it was already dark and people were lining up outside macys already (why...there weren't any good deal anyway).
Dinner (didn't get to take picture because the plates came one after another) back in Tim Ho Wan (Add Good Fortune) midtown...It was a little pricey and not that good. Never again... Seriously I am not even that picky of a dimsum eater and these were meh.
For comparison, here is the food at Deluxe Meat Market in Chinatown. Half the price of Tim Ho Wan but way yummier. (It was taken last week but I went again to get grocery).
On Friday, I had another meet up with friends after work. But the lighting was so dim that it was another blur... It was delicious  and  really filling though. And I think the place (soju haus) offers free rice before 8pm. 
Stir fried squid and pork. For our black friday haul, I was moderate that we only got some clearance sweaters from muji. As I get older, I am slowly transitioning from Marshalls junior section (they have some cute stuff and cheap undie in smaller sizes) to a mostly Muji/minimalist wardrobe. 

Again I went home right away since I still had to work Saturday because I am what you call #社畜 (bottom of the corporate pyramid). Well...this rambly post isn't over yet because I spied again on Sunday!
The TJ Maxx in the city has pretty fancy skincare. I would try this cleansing oil but I have too many lined up already.
Skinfood Cranberry Mask - Never heard about this one 
More skinfood cleanser
There are matte liptick from Too Faced (the one copies the packaging of tatcha) some lipstick queen and smashbox.
Tea selection is meh. I can get Itoen everywhere at that price! 
My find of the day is this apple green mug with tea and infuser! 
The pomegranate green tea is pretty good (and the new package makes it looks kind of expensive). I didn't get it since I got four boxes of Mighty Leaf (2.49 with 15 tea bags each box!) a few days ago. Of course, I stopped by CVS mainly for cash back (my bank is a credit union from Texas). 
Extreme couponer strikes again! (but seriously 12.99 for a peripera lip tint is a major ripoff)
Yay for new toy! Anyway the rest is just grocery shopping so I wont bore you with that...
One last picture of the food I ate. My favorite part is actually the salty plum soda. 

Comments

  1. Ahhh all the yummy Chinese food!!! And you can make your own salty plum soda at home for much cheaper: Koon Chun Pickled Plum (in a glass jar), soda water, your choice of sweetener ^.^

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look for it next time I am in Chinatown! I wont make the mistake of buying something on amazon only to find it half price in store later.

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah. The jar should only set you back around $3 ^.^

      Delete
  2. Omg me seeing things on sale always have to remind myself that I already have like 4-5 things lined up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here...I really want to try the farmacy cleansing balm but currently I have the body shop, ole henriksen, pixi (2 of them) then three bottles of cleansing oil...That will be good through next August if I finish one tub each month.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.