It's Top Professional Waterfull Highlighter Polish

Despite the fact that I constantly snub  at Kbeauty , I actually accumulated a sizable collection the last two years (In fact, I snub at them because of all those stuff I have gotten). Beside being the reckless shopper I am, I have a perfect excuse for that: I use CVS for cash back all the time (before heading to Chinatown). Instead of wasting money on overpriced soda or ice coffee, I rather get some cheap toys to play with...Except Korean makeup in CVS are heavily marked up that they are easily 12-16 dollars for a mascara or lip tint. 

Fortunately there is the red coupon machine, on days when I have multiple discount stacked, I can get a toy at somewhat tolerable price. 
From my limited understanding, It's Top is a slightly higher end of the cutesy Korean Drugstore brand It's Skin (I tried a few eye products, they are utterly junk...I mean how am I supposed to use a semi-sheer brow pencil that's glossy?!). I spotted this highlighter in a bottle back in spring and thought I could have some play time.
The bottle is pretty similar to Addiction cheek polish, a popular product that has been around the market for years.
There are four shaded available and after some quick swatch, I picked #2 Golden Vanilla as it seemed like the most pigmented one of the bunch.  All of them have a very watery silicone base that sheer out easily but doesn't spread into a large puddle of color.
Anyway if the orange and pink were more opaque I would have gotten one instead.
Golden Vanilla is a warm highlight with fine sparkle. It's light and delicate, a bit too sheer for my liking because after spreading they are only visible very close up. If I get them for five dollars, it's not a bad toy. But I think I prefer Canmake at that price point. Since I got it at 8-9 (the CVS price is over 12 bucks), I can't bring myself to like such a mediocre product. I mean I can get a gift with purchase from Becca and it has more refined texture and visible (but not loud) impact.

Comments