IT Cosmetics CC Illumination Full Coverage CC Cream

Base make up is something I never have fun buying, the reason (color makeup are more fun, duh) being I prefer a clear instead of a covered look on my skin. Well, 90% of foundation wear like wall paint on my skin anyway so in the past, I just used the white cast of Japanese sunscreen  (something I can't wear several days in a row) to even out my skin tone. 

Due to change of environment, negligence, advancing age and ocd picking that I could never stop doing, my skin has gotten so spotty that it was officially shitty enough to need some cover up. 

I first heard about IT cosmetics CC cream on Weibo (since the user base is so big, I find the community unadulterated by PR scene for the most part), the original CC cream was mentioned by a user as one of her year end favorites. Later on last year, the CC Illumination was released and I saw someone on Instagram mentioning it's for "Dry and very dry skin" (Me!). I ended up ordering it while they had the friends and family sale.
IT Cosmetics CC+ Illumination has this pink metallic tube with a hygienic pump. It's a little bigger than what it needs to be but it's still convenient. 

I haven't been crazy about all these BB, CC cream because I view them as foundation with various degree of coverage. When I want certain skin care benefit or sun protection, I would use specific skin care items for my concerns instead. 

The IT cosmetics CC cream does have a big percentage (high enough to be in sunscreen, unlike those minuscule amount you see in Western tinted moisturizer) of physical filters. It would be a nice addition to whatever you have underneath but it would cake up the whole face if you want to achieve the marked SPF with this alone.
Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 9.0%, Zinc Oxide 6.3%

Water, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Titanium Dioxide, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hexyl Laurate, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disodium Edta, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Niacinamide, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Cholesterol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Water, Lactobacillus/Honeysuckle Flower/Licorice Root/Morus Alba Root/Pueraria Lobata Root/Schizandra Chinensis Fruit/Scutellaria Baicalensis Root/Sophora Japonica Flower Extract Ferment Filtrate, Perfluorohexane, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Indicum Flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Perfluorodecalin, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Magnolia Kobus Bark Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sprout Extract, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract, Pentafluoropropane, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Steareth-20, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Colloidal Oatmeal, Hydrolyzed Silk, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Tocopherol, Thiamine Hcl, Riboflavin, Retinyl Palmitate, Pantothenic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Niacin, Folic Acid, Chrysin, Carnitine Hcl, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Chlorhexidine Digluconate. [+/-: Mica (Ci 77019), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499)].

I picked up Light (the second to the lightest shade, fair) and it is a bit dark and yellow for me. When I got a chance to test it in store, I found out that Fair blends into my skin very well, but that's too late and I will make do with what I got, my face is darker than my hand anyway.

IT Cosmetics CC has a medium (not runny nor creamy) texture that's easily spread and gives a high coverage with a tiny pump.  As with anything with high coverage, it cakes a little on my skin but nothing terrible. Upon application, it gives a very unnaturally dewy finish that it's hard to mistake it as one's own. I guess it's the trend in Korea, where this was made.

Unlike what the Instagram user stated. I don't think it's good for dry or very dry skin. The dew from the product is superficial and it just looks/feel shiny on the top (in the other hand, a deeply moisturizing product doesn't need to be shiny). A few hours after application, the shine would either wear off or get absorbed, revealing what's underneath: Glitters. 

"IT's your kiss of illumination without any glitter or shimmer!" - I find the quote on It Cosmetics totally untrue (Nowadays we just call that alternate fact). Could it be that those folks simply have a different definition of glitter? To me, those are straight up glitter found in Wet n Wild Holiday Palette and dollar store birthday cards, the common cheap glitter.  I want none of that near my face. 

Overall: This is another product that I don't recommend but it can be dealt with (if you wasted money on it already). It's useable (not complete garbage) when I want some quick coverage. It looks more natural than those gray toned BB with geisha cast and the ingredients look good. 

Comments

  1. I hope you find a perfect shade for yourself soon! Finding a right shade is the most important point for me yet it is so difficult. Right now I'm trying some new mineral based foundation range(gel creme texture) and I'm not entirely sure if there is one single shade that is a perfect match for my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fair in CC illumination is a decent match (just dont like the formula, haha) and usually Japanese bb cream are decent match. I think my barrier repair/spot fading routine is working so hopefully I can get away with sunscreen only soon.

      The fair in garnier bb is great match but I am not sure if I should still use it (I got it on clearance fall of 2014)...

      Delete
  2. I tried the regular CC cream a while back and I actually liked it, but it is a bit thicker and I don't really need that kind of coverage on the daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the travel size for the regular as well and I do like that. It's just fair is too light and light is too dark (I dont want to shell out near 80 bucks to mix the two).

      Delete
  3. Woah that ingredient listing is ridiculous! I bet all the natural ingredients are all filler fluff ingredients to make it look better than it really is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean it's a foundation afterall, I never take those as sunscreen or skincare anyway. It's a decent formula actually, I just don't love the color and finish.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.