DHC Medicated Lip Cream

 Beside the cleansing oil and lash tonic, DHC Medicated Lip Cream ($8, linked to DHC site) is another star products of the brand (you know it's a star product when they come up with gazillion LE packaging for it). Last year when I had a mini swap with Dalenna, she tucked it in as a bonus(thanks!) so I finally get to try it (normally I slather on lip gloss or potted balm).
Ingredients: Lanolin oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/candelilla cera/cire de candelilla, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, lanolin, stearic acid, squalane, paraffin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, pentylene glycol, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, panax ginseng root extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract

The ingredients looks pretty wholesome without obnoxious filler or irritant. 
The packaging is rather simple (but there are a ton of limited releases with illustration on the tube). The balm stick itself is a yellow tinged semi-translucent that melts on the lips as a glossy (not too oily or waxy) layer, it leaves a creamy feel on the lips but the balm itself isn't too soft or wobbly.
You can see that the DHC lip cream leaves a subtle shine on the mouth and does a good job keeping my lip smooth when it's in good condition (I realize that even during summer when my lips are temporarily excused from the lip line galore, it can get a little thin and shiveled) and sooth the mouth when it was really dry and cold (not swatch photo friendly). I am using it today and the balm stays on for hours in the air-conditioned office and a bit remained after some hot tea. 

Overall: Great basic that I cannot complain about.

Comments

  1. Awesome! Glad you like these!! I STILL haven't tried mine yet. Getting there soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.