Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil

Upon the arrival of fall, the humidity finally dropped so much that my face is in the Sahara mode again (time to load on oils, most and hydrating serum). Anyway, Jurlique is spamming my mailbox about their sale again (15 off 50 with code FALL15)so this review would be somewhere timely.

I first discovered Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil when I was still in Texas (about to move up north). After testing several face oil in Sephora, the Jurlique stood out with its dry texture and delicate fresh floral scent. I asked for a small sample and ended up testing it in conjunction with my standard go-to rosehip oil for a few weeks. After depleting my sample, I decided I really like it so I waited for a sale to order a whole bottle. The 50ml bottles retails for 50 dollars, it seems a little steep but the unit price during sale isn't that much higher than the oils found in Marshall/TJ. 

The Jurlique face oil has a golden yellow tint and consistency lighter than the viscous nourishing rosehip but more refined than those light oils like argan or olive. A few drops is enough for the whole face(some time I do one third of a pump because my skin flakes after shower) and it gets absorbed very quickly into a matte finish.

The scent it leaves is delicate and long-lasting (as long as you are not too heavy handed) and actually works as a non-obstructive day time fragrance.

The formula of the Jurlique oil is very hydrating and softening, it's very effective when the weather is cool and dry and it blends nicely with unscented rosehip oil (which I use to fade acne scars). It

However, it becomes inefficient when true Northeast winter hits and temperature drops below freezing (my skin was totally unprepared for that last winter so I ended up with major sallow/ruddy skin for the whole two months of icepocalypse).

Anyway, I can still get some uses out of it half of the year (when the weather is more moderate) so I will enjoy it while I can. I am only 1/3 through my bottle so I am not in a hurry to restock (but I think I will be repurchasing next spring).

Ingredients: Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Bellis Perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Viola Odorata Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Beta-Carotene, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Cinnamyl Alcohol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Coumarin*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Citronellol*, Hexylcinnamal*, Limonene*. *From Natural Essential Oil. 

Comments