Shiseido The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

A quick review of my everyday cleanser: Shiseido The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam was a TJ Maxx find (for 20 bucks instead of the normal 30 at Sephora). The cleanser has a creamy (runnier than the White Lucent cleansing foam that I swore by) consistency that lathers into a creamy layer of foam. It does exactly what its supposed to do: Just cleansing gently (no sting on nostrils or eyes) without leaving any residue or tightness. The scent is a soft powdery orchid (that's smells like candles) that's not old-lady.  Overall: I like it but I prefer the White Lucent formula, which gives a very mild exfoliating and brightening effect.

Comments

  1. Do brightening washes really work? I always steer clear of brightening stuff, when they work I worry about the ingredients. When they don't I think they are gimmicky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white lucent line worked for me (at least it was noticeable), not exactly making my skin paler (my skin color fluctuate depends on the season and no product stops that cycle anyway) but fading the acne scar and pigmentation. I feel that Asian brightening line (at least the non-super effective ones with questionable ingredients) works by gently exfoliate in the chemical way...So the skin looks brighter but not paler.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.