Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb Swatches

 Even though it seems like every brand is doing the retractable jumbo lip stick pencil nowadays, my view on these (so far)  is "The more the merrier". After all, the packaging are usually cute and the bullet (as long as they are not squishy) are convenient to use and swatch. The formula across the brands seem different enough that I am not getting experiencing dejavu (Like I did with those glittery waterproof liquid liner).
Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb (swatched next to Glitter Glaze eyeshadow topper) is smooth (at least on the arm), reasonably pigmented and has mushroom (instead of conical) shaped top. From my limited play time, the texture seems to be closer to Revlon Balmstain (with are thin and even) than the balmier varieties (Tarte and Pixi).

 Since it's marketed to be lip-plumping, there is a bit of (somewhat unpleasant) medical smell. Some of the shades left some stain on my arm after it's removed. The formula doesn't seem bad (but the medical taste was a turn-off) there is nothing too special about the color range/formulation that would make me want to ditch drugstore brands and go for this.

Comments