Aveeno Postively Nourshing Smoothing Body Wash with Pomegranate and Rice

Aveeno Positively Nourishing Smoothing Body wash (released last fall) is one of the fancier bath and body products available in drugstore, the big bottle has a regular retails of 7.49 dollars and contains 16 FL oz (473ml) of product.

The body wash has a very interesting texture that reminds me of a rice pudding in a jello base - It's dense (that it requires some squeezing), semi-transparent, contains quite a bit of small bubbles as well as natural exfoliants like crushed walnut shell. I think there is a medium sweet (Baked sweet? Perfume? I can't really pin point what it is but it smells familiar and not offensive), mixed with some rice-budding of scent which might be a teeny bit stronger than normal shower gel.
While the pudding texture takes a little time to get used to, a little bit of it actually forms a very creamy layer of foam (when I rub it with my bare hand) and the sparsely distributed scrubby particle are not abrasive at all (so it actually doesn't do much on those dead skin on my legs). It's nice as a body wash but I really love using it for my face, as a gentle cleanser/daily exfoliator instead (For years, I have been using body bar/shower gel on my face when I am in a morning rush anyway).
Ingredient list of the body wash - I am not a fan of  SLS (several clean and clear face wash I used contain this) in shampoo but it doesn't seem to bother my skin.

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh this is so funny! I was just using this at someone else's house the other day. I need to get it some time

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.