My Camera is my Baby!

A few days ago I was flipping through Popular Photography, trying to find some pretty pictures to look at. Instead of breath-taking images, I found this instead. At first, I totally though it an editorial telling you "How (not) to look like a dweeb while holding new camera" but it turns out...
To be a commercial for a revolutionary camera carrying system that looks a lot like a baby holding wrap. For a whooping 99 dollars (to $119 if you want something fancy), you will be "energized, comfortable (but you will get an uncomfortable stare from me personally) and happy". What an awesome deal!
The real funny part is how they describe normal straps to be "most suitable for reading paper, watching TV and short walks to the fridge"...Who in the world put a camera on his neck when he is walking to the fridge?
Sun Sniper, in another hand, seems much more reasonable (the design, the price is still pretty high, starting at 69euros). I just don't get what's so special about the spinning bolt...to put the camera at the butt? I can totally do that with any freebie straps!

Comments

  1. Hahah, love the baby wrap. I have to tell my husband about it, he's always complaining that the camera swings in every direction when we're hiking. Solution? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocaille:
    You(your husband) might like Upstrap (which is designed by a photographer), I read it from David Busch and he said that many pro he knows won't use anything else. The bright side is that it's rather affordable (compared to those fancy ones from the magazine), ranging from 14-30 something dollars.

    http://www.upstrap-pro.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PLST

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.