Lipstick Queen Dating Game Mr. Right

As with a true red, a perfect bright pink can look impactful, stylist while complementing your outfit and skintone. However, it is hard to come by. Many contenders can be inmature (neon barbie pink of doom), too dated (grandma magenta), some are too clingy (leaving a stain that stays after a shower) or knows no (lip) boundary...The list goes on. 

When I first saw the gimmick series of Lipstick Queen Dating Game, which consists of four shades of Hot Pink. I did my initial elimination: Bad Boy seemed too cool (toned), Good Catch looked pasty, Mr. Right Now is the auntie magenta. I decided to go with Mr. Right...Of course I didn't buy it right away for $24 (because I have many Japanese lipsticks that are way more beautiful).

Patience is virtue. Weeks, months and years went by and sometime last summer. I finally found a pristine tube at my local Marshalls. 
Let's have a moment of appreciation for my neighbor's beautiful weeping cherry tree...I meant the beautiful glossy pink lipstick tube! I am glad that Lipstick Queen stopping imposing their gummy atrocity on newer collection.
Mr Rightnow is a medium fuchsia cream with a creamy glide, moisturizing and 
Urgh... White base
While the texture is unmistakably Lipstick Queen. The whole color and formula is a different beast compared to what Poppy King produced in the past. In fact, I am not sure if she still has anything to do with the brand. 
A closeup as if it's not obvious enough. If this is Mr. Right, I am getting the hell outta here. 

Comments

  1. Now I am starting to understand what you mean by "white base". This is a type of pink I'd avoid as well. Is there a way to tell before swatching? Cause the bullet looked so promising! These are the loveliest glamour shots, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope...there is no way that I could tell unless it's on your mouth. The basic rule of thumb is "paint like opacity", if the color sits on top instead of blends into lips (especially near mucus membrane) that's a white based...I was surprised because Lipstick Queen didn't have any white based lipstick, their saint pink was have some opacity but it blended in super well.

      (I acted really suspiciously in my neighborhood for my shot haha. Luckily I am only a wimpy Asian...)

      Delete
  2. I had Good Catch and the white base wasn't so bad there. Still too pigmented and too pink for me though ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should have just repackaged pink/rose shades in saint formula and call it a day....

      Delete
  3. The name is super cute. The pink in Chinese is 死亡芭比粉 hahahahaahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a true barbie pink of doom (I didn't know what the shade looked like when I picked it up at marshalls)...that one is very Asian's nightmarw.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.