Klorane Peony Soothing Shampoo and Gel Conditioner

You might have heard me complaining (for
a dozen times) how the low-end health and beauty products in US have become utterly unusable. I blame this "inflation for the poor" entirely on corporate greed, instead rising cost of everything.  I mean, how come the clothes, body wash, ice cream (!!!) in America are so low quality while body care in Europe and Japan still retain the consistent quality. 

I am not a fancy person when it comes to haircare but somehow most American brands aren't working out for me anymore (Many of them leave my hair flakey, greasy and plain yucky within one day). Sometime last year, I started using Klorane, a French drugstore brand (that was marked up to $20 at Sephora) and it was quite pleasant. 
 
The Klorane Peony Soothing and Anti-irritant Shampoo is a moderately dense gel, with a refreshing (but very light) fruity floral scent. It foams well, rinses clean without tangling up my hair. There is zero residue and I never get acne around my hairline while using it. As with any good shampoo, it keeps my scalp balanced (no flakes, no oil ) and clean for more than two days! At the end, this (even with mark up) is not any more expensive than the cheaper drugstore brand as I don't need to wash my hair as often. 

 Anyway, this does contain SLS...Which I am OK with. It's some other ingredient in American shampoo that makes my head itch. 
I have also gotten the gel shampoo -This is extremely light way and looks like liquid rose quartz. Since it's so runny, I need a large squirt to just cover the ends of my hair. Consider the shampoo itself had a mild glossing effect, the conditioner is not that helpful. Anyway, I am glad that I can just stick with the shampoo, making my hair routine much more affordable. 

Comments

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about the brand and want to try some for myself soon. I really like the Vitabrid scalp shampoo for weekly clarifying (it's almost worthwhile even for $32 a bottle but nowadays they run awesome sales so I stocked up). On the other hand, more expensive brands like Briogeo, Quai, or Rahua didn't do sh*t for me. From drugstore, I still like John Frieda and Kristin Ess from Target. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, quai, briogio and another Sephora brand I didn't remember (it was purple bottle) still make my scalp super congested...They are like 30 bucks per bottle.

      Actually on site like lookfantastic the Klorane is only $15 (peony is out of stock but I used up mango butter one last year it was pretty good as well). I will restock them...

      Delete
  2. I was really tempted to try their mango line a while back. But I keep buying Asian haircare... Sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the mango line (makes my hair very glossy yet voluminous) just didn't like that the shampoo plUS conditioner add up to 40 bucks. I shall visit Chinatown to get another bottle of Saborino shampoo...That's just $15 (all in one).

      Delete
    2. Ooh glossy sounds nice. I guess I will put it in my basket for the next Sephora sale
      I saw the Saborino at one of the Asian stores near me! Is it worth buying? I usually don't trust those 3-in-1 products

      Delete
    3. It's only $15 on Lookfantastic (I bought decorte and rmk stuff from them before. The site is legit/good for European brands) so I might restock there.

      The 3-in1 is smoothing but doesn't make my scalp congested. I liked itenough to want a second tube...it smells really generic cheap Japanese shampoo though. (Not that the ones from Sephora smell expensive...)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.