Dr. Pawpaw Tinted Ultimate Red Balm

Dr. Pawpaw Tinted Red Balm was a cart-filler from ASOS, when I bought the Paul & Joe lip brush...and another Paul & Joe lip brush (gotta back them up). I remember it was on sale for 8 dollars and it comes in a ginormous 25ml tube.
 
The ingredient list is very short: With petroleum jelly, aloe juice, papaya, potassium sorbet (mostly used as preservative in food) and coloring.
A tiny glob squeezed out of the tube just looks like vaseline (except a little harder). On the cheeks, a tiny glob shows up exceptionally well. While I do like the dewy finish and how moisturizing it feels (when I don't have oil slathered on my face already) I am not a big fan how orange it shows up. When I am tanned during summer, the color turns either sunburn or Jersey Shore on me. 
Dr. Pawpaw Red, Besame Crimson Rouge and Canmake Clear Red Heart 
On the lip. I actually do like the orange tint in this gel-paste-watery formula. Being a lip balm first and foremost, it's a very moisturizing formula without the slip/stickiness from other vaseline-based product. Since it's not particularly creamy or fluid, I found the color spread much better with my fingertip (than a lip brush). Anyway, I think the untinted version should be great for overnight.

Overall: I like it as a sheer orange-red gloss and a lip balm but I really don't want to deal with this 25ml tube.

Comments

  1. You are so funny. ;D LOL at "Jersey Shore"!
    25ml is like a foundation tube, right? Yeah, that's a lot unless you live on this for a year or so.
    It is a very pretty color on you, and I like that the ingredient list is a no mystery. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only way for me to use it up in a year is as orange self tanner allover... Unfortunately I live in the wrong part of jersey to actually need it -_- ....

      Delete
  2. Oooooh that's a really lovely red! I'm going to have to look into this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I thought you are downsizing(this tube will rot before I am 1/10 through it) !

      Delete
    2. LOL you're right. I should be good and refrain ^.^ By the way, your package in on its way! Let me know when it arrives.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.