Kate (the rocker girl of Kanebo family) is one of their evergreen drugstore line that I have never been into. You see, it's kind of boring (the rocker girl is either dramatic bright or fifty shades of brown).
Their latest release just looks like they are trying so hard to be daring and dramatic it started become bland and generic.
Oh wait the orange beige looks like something I would wear... OK don't let my word deter you from shopping, their stuff is still really popular on Instagram (among Japanese, HKer and Taiwanese girls) and on Weibo.
Brown shade eyes has always been a staple in their range and has recently gotten an overhaul late 2017...And that was when I wanted something from the previous generation (when it will be gone forever). I read on Weibo that BR-5 Glitter Brown is very similar to Lunasol Geminate Eyes in Cat Eyes, as they are both made by Kanebo. I like playing with Lunasol but I wouldn't mind having a drugstore version that's easier to carry around and quicker to locate (drugstore palettes all have clear window).
From left to right there are three eyeshadow shades plus a nose contour (that I never use). There is a light golden beige, an orange gold and a medium sunny brown.
While the overall color scheme is somewhat like Cat Eyes (Kate is missing a gemmy green glitter top coat plus the reddish brown) but with a slightly different texture. Kate is smoother metallic while Lunasol CE has a dryer powder, more fall out but overall more of a brilliant glossy finish. While Kate is great adding a bit of gleam and definition (that's the whole point of brown shade eyes), Cat Eyes is more of a glamorous topping jewel.
I enjoy wearing both and wouldn't say it will replace Lunasol (it's a classic for a reason).
It looks patchy because it's taken on another hot and sweaty day. I am wearing it right as I type and I ensure you that it blends nicely without an obvious boundary.
While this version is discontinued, the revamped line looks just like the old one (except they added a mini bronzer). I am more interested in the line now and look forward to see the two new shades (both look icy and white) coming out this spring. Maybe I am picking up love from Kanebo again (actually I never stopped wearing/buying Lunasol).







I got Kate eyebrow pencils while I was in Beijing, seems like their brow powder is popular? Next time I go to Taiwan Imma look more hehe
ReplyDeleteYeah it is! I saw so many pan picture of that brow powder (people love the nose shadow).
DeleteFlower Beauty by Drew Barrymore has launched in Australia. Not full range but some of it. Are they any good? Is her line popular in the US? I was browsing it today, most of the makeup either manufactured in US or Europe which sounds good (Lolz I'm snobby I don't like makeup made in PRC). I'm eyeing the pressed powder, the powder blush, some of the lipsticks and her brushes.
ReplyDeleteI have never seen them in real life actually. It seems like a walmart exclusive and I don't get a chance to visit walmart (if people drive me there I head straight to grocery). I understand your sentiment.I don't mind made in China stuff when it's from established brands(back in the days NYC and Wet n Wild had super cool limited editions that were China made and I love them). I only mind when they are priced similarly as American brands...Then again even people in China stay away from Chinese makeup most of the time.
DeleteSpeaking of which I assume lots of highend brands (Tom Ford, Bobbi Brown that I have personaly seen when I ply open something) have their packaging made in China and I am really irked...