Anna Sui - Getting to know her

For those of you who are fans of Anna Sui, you might find this interview of her done by Yang Lan very interesting.

There are two parts (Part I , Part II)and the whole interview (Don't worry, it's in English.) is 20 minutes in length. Anyway, I love it when Anna Sui said: "When they are buying the bottle of nail polish or lipstick, they are buying that fantasy..."

If you don't have anytime disposable, here is also a 5-minutes (including the commercial) clip
Marc Jacob and x Anna Sui from style.com.

If you have time to burn here is a 48-minute-long interview with Anna with a Taiwanese host (not a fan of this dude) in the interview, the dude (should I say ojisan?) spoke Mandarin (why!?) and Anna Sui answered in English...

Some interesting facts about Anna Sui

-Her last name was actually "Siu" (Cantonese pronunciation for 萧) but the immigration people misspelled it in his document. "Since my dad is Paul Sui, I am Anna Sui." She said.

-She got taken advantage of when she started her business (small boutique owners didn't pay her at all)

-She was a student from Parsons but quit school in her 3rd year because she got a job.

-She is very disciplined (She wakes up at 6 or 6:30am) and doesn't like to work late.

-When she designs her store decor, she want a place for people to dream, to escape.

Comments

  1. I'm a first time reader of your blog and I wanted to let you know that I LOVE IT!!! Woo hoo!! From the pictures to the reviews, I like the straight-forward-ness (is that even the right way to spell that word, if it even is a word?). So I have to admit also that I just spent the last hour reading through almost all of your past posts :/ Thanks for your honesty and hilarious posts. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K.Lo:
    I am glad that my bluntness didn't tick you off...my friends always suggest me to let my though going around my brain twice before streaming out of my mouth...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.