Sunday, June 09, 2013

June Magazine Clipping - Seventeen & Allure

So...I still haven't stopped reading Seventeen (despite their repetitive stories, spreads and cheesy tips). This month's cover girl is Lucy Hale (the top-down angle was so unflattering that for a moment I thought it was one of the Kardashians...)
An editorial about something like starting summer with pretty looks (Urgh...) 
A simple green cat eyes that I like (I am also having a brow-envy)
Ad for Jessica Simpson's Vintage Bloom. Floral background always gets me... I bet the bottle would be a cool object to take photos of.
Allure with Zoe Saldana as cover girl.  This issue has that Reader's Choice award (I have tried a few of products with that stamp of approval, while they were nothing spectacular, as least they rarely went horribly wrong...)
I thought the Maybelline Baby Lips pick was for "drugstore lip gloss" was a bit funny, not only it's not a gloss at all. I remember the shade is also one of the least favored one on Makeup Alley.
Now we know Olay is a sponsor for the magazine ("winning" pretty much all three of the drugstore skincare cream categories)...So are Maybelline, Nars, MAC and OPI...
Can they try to make it a little less obvious? Maybe their readers only like these brands. 
Another spread about two-toned sunglasses! I like the dusty rose from Stella McCartney! (Too bad I can't wear any over-sized one since they always makes me dizzy (something to do with my wide pupil distance).

2 comments:

  1. I'm stil subscribed to Seventeen too... Wish they'd get better with the make up looks. That lavender one kills me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still like it because the spread are generally easy to reproduce and colorful (and God forbid I can actually afford the products featured). The purple was so eye-catching because the girl looks eerily happy sporting it, at least the bottom half of her face...

      Delete

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...